2017 St Peters Concert
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the instrumentalists for their wonderful performances at our end-of-year instrumental concerts recently, a celebration of another year of learning for our developing musicians.
The concert theme was “Number One Hits”, with each student performing a solo piece of their choosing and participating in a group song relating to the theme. The group songs are an important part of our music program because they provide a valuable opportunity for the students to develop aural skills and musical confidence, and help with practice motivation because they are part of a team.
Well done to students who were presented with awards on concert night in recognition of dedication across a range of areas such as home practice, perseverance and attitude:
- Keyboard Award Recipients: Archie Cannington, Bosco Meyer,
- Emily Sill, Esther Dale, Harlie Twitchett, Imogen Bracken, Stefan McCance & Tiana Russo
- Guitar Award Recipients: Ciara Scahill, Dallas Robbins, Flynn Howe, Mia Watson & Ria Jasani
- Violin Award Recipients: Emily Hogan & Heather Fox
- Outstanding Music Achievement Awards: Annabelle Chapman (violin), Jeremy Wan Kee Cheung (ukulele), Josie Donald (keyboard) & Sasha Hannan (keyboard)
We would also like to recognise the wonderful achievements of St Peter's students who undertook piano examinations with the Australian and New Zealand Cultural Arts Ltd in 2017:
- Grade Preparatory: Aisling Parker, Tiana Russo, Stefano Torre, Noah Lazzaro & Karla Martinz
- Grade Preliminary: Archie Dale
- Grade One: Josie Donald
We would also like to extend a thank you to all instrumental parents for your continued support of your children's musical endeavours through home practice and encouragement.
A big congratulations to all the students who took part in the music program this year. We are very proud of all of you!
The Kids on Key Music Team