Get your School Involved
If you are considering a change to your existing program or would like to implement a new instrumental program, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss further. We can tailor a program to suit the needs of your school.
What Makes Kids On Key Different From Other Music Programs?
- Kids on Key is a locally based teaching business where the director Cath Dowling makes it a priority to personally teach at each of the schools where Kids on Key operates. This ensures good communication between the school, parents and teachers
- Enrolment numbers continue to grow each year. We started out with 20 enrolments are now have well over 250 students enrolled in the program at 5 local schools: St Peter’s – East Bentleigh, St Louis – Aspendale, St. Anne’s – Seaford, Tucker Rd Primary and St Mark’s – Dingley.
- Kids on Key employs a small number of committed and talented teachers who together can offer a broad range of tuition options. We also have easy access to instrument rental agencies as well.
- Our aim is not to get too big. We only want to extend to 1 or 2 more schools so that we keep things manageable and Cath is still able to teach at each of the schools.
- Due to the small size of the business, there are not a lot of overheads and staff are paid at a good rate which encourages them to stay for the long term.
Other advantages of Kids on Key:
- We offer a 10% discount for siblings.
- We are willing to provide assistance to school fund raising projects by way of lesson vouchers for silent auctions, raffles etc.
- Kids on Key has current public liability insurance which covers injury to students, damage to school property and Kids on Keys musical equipment to the value of $5,000,000.
- Kids on Key provides all employees with WorkCover Insurance which covers personal injury to music teachers whilst on school premises.
- Kids on Key keeps an up to date personalised Health and Safety Manual and provides ongoing training to all music staff in this area
- Kids on Key policies and procedures are also in line with the new Child Safety Guidelines recently brought into schools.
- We are able to provide a broad range of instrument tuition options and will liaise with the school to determine which instruments the school would like to offer to students.
- We also offer a very unique and successful program called Beginner ABC which runs over 2 terms and give students an opportunity to try a variety of instruments.
- We are happy to provide parents with advice on purchasing/renting instruments and have a link on our website for instrument rental options.
- Kids on Key offers small group tuition with a maximum of 4 students. Duo and private lessons are also available on selected instruments.
- There is opportunity for students to prepare for and sit for official music exams through the AMEB and ANZCA syllabus.
- We are also very happy to run weekly band sessions, small instrumental ensembles and arrange periodic performances throughout the school year.
- Kids on Key will take responsibility for the total administration of the music program, and will ensure there is good and regular communication between the school, parents and music teachers.